Scarsdale Public Library
The 24,000 sq. ft. library was built in 1951 and was expanded in 1975 and again in 1998 bringing it to its current size of 31,000 sq. ft. The village and library are now expanding the library with a full reconstruction. Efforts are being made to tie the library in with the surroundings and provide more access and invitation to younger visitors.
Savin Engineers has been retained as construction manager. Services include preconstruction, relocating the library to a temporary location and on-site management during construction.
Commissioning and move-in are critical to making this a successful project. Savin staff are working closely with both the village and library in each step of the project.