Savin Engineers is always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team. We are a growing and vibrant multi-disciplined engineering consulting firm with a strong environmental, public works, educational, and institutional project base. We offer exciting opportunities to build careers in any of our multiple office locations. Whether it’s planning, design, or construction administration – any area of the company you may be involved in is staffed with a diverse group of highly educated, qualified mentors working on a wide range of interesting assignments.
A REWARDING CAREER WITH GREAT BENEFITS
Competitive Salaries | Work-Life Balance | Bonus Program | Medical, Dental & Life Insurance | Long Term Disability Insurance | Coverage for Spouse & Dependents | Paid Sick, Vacation & Personal Time | Family & Medical Leave | Disability Leave of Absence | Bereavement Leave | Jury Duty | 401 (k) Matching Plan | Section 125 Plan | Professional Licensing | Professional Society Membership | Employee Referral Bonus | Paid Internships
It is Savin Engineers’ policy and practice to administer its employment procedures according to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable Federal or State Law. We take pride in the diversity of our staff and seek diversity in our applicants.
Building upon a solid foundation of successful water, wastewater, and landfill projects since 1988, Savin Engineers, PC has a proven team of leaders that have expanded our reach into new markets throughout the Northeast Region and continues to push throughout the States and internationally. Our team of professionals strives to meet the needs of ever changing regulatory requirements and ensure the quality of life for the public we serve. Savin is seeking an experienced Structural Design Engineer.
Structural Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Leading the effort in the development of structural drawings and specifications
- Coordination between disciplines
- Attendance at internal meetings
- Preparation of calculations for renovations and new construction
- Review of shop drawings as well as other design services during construction
Structural Design Engineer Primary Design Areas:
- Structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, and specialty structures, as well as pipe and civil engineering design (wastewater, sewers, etc).
Structural Design Engineer Requirements:
- BS Civil Engineering, with an emphasis on structural engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Understanding of Building Codes and various design codes and references;
- Knowledge of construction drawing standards;
- Excellent communication and writing skills who can handle simple to complex projects across a varied staff;
- Attention to detail and highly organized;
- Self-starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task while achieving deadlines.
- NY PE Preferred
Savin Engineers is seeking Civil/Environmental Design Engineers to work out of its Westchester County, Pleasantville NY office.
Typical work areas includes water and wastewater projects incorporating the following
- Pumping and hydraulics for liquids, slurries and viscous fluids.
- Open Channel flow hydraulics.
- Water and wastewater process design
- Piping system design - materials, layout, support, anchorage, expansion control
- Earthwork and roadwork design
- Chemical storage and feed systems.
- Residuals Management Systems.
- Stormwater Management Treatment
Candidate will work closely with Senior Engineers in the home office and other offices to coordinate design of projects across multiple disciplines. Candidate will be expected to:
- Execute work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Complete individual projects and tasks related to overall project.
- Carry out calculations and analysis and prepare technical memos.
- Prepare engineering plans and specifications.
- Provide engineering services during construction of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering
- 5 to 10 Years of Experience
- P.E. license or ability to obtain within 2 years
Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports. Experience on projects in New York City Metro area a plus.
We are seeking qualified Electrical Engineers to support our MEP division. The ideal candidate will be tasked with the following:
- Work closely with various project design teams and customers to provide Electrical system and equipment design services, including medium and low voltage utility service entrance and power distribution, lighting, and motor controls.
- Develop and draft basis of design reports
- Perform short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, and arc flash calculations
- Perform circuit ampacity and conduit fill calculations
- Maintain detailed Engineering design files.
- Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and integrated solutions to the customer via written reports and oral presentations
- Prepare Detailed Specifications, Contract Drawings and Contractor Bid Packages
- Cultivate new client relationships and accounts through quality deliverables and effective customer interface
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related Engineering Degree (required)
- Working on obtaining Professional Engineering license
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED accreditation a plus
- 5-10 years electrical design experience with Electrical systems and equipment, utility switchgear and distribution equipment design and operation at large industrial municipal, educational, pharmaceutical, healthcare or manufacturing facilities.
- Design experience in short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, arc flash, conduit fill, equipment clearance calculations, etc.
- Experience with electrical system modeling performance software such as SKM or ETAP is a plus.
- Combined heat and power analysis, energy conservation measures analysis, including life cycle cost analysis are a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and must be driven toward superior customer service.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.